I Love U

isn´t this image sweet!?! It´s Crystal and belongs to Clip Art and Scrap (you can find it at My Grafico). I made this card for my sweetheart because yesterday was our anniversary, 4 years together (where did the time go?!) and I must say I´m a lucky person, life gave me a second chance and I was able to find a person who cherishes me as if I were a treasure. He deserves more than this but it was made just for him and that makes it special as he is.
I used papers from my stash, the patterned paper is a gift wrap double sided paper I found in a gift shop sometime ago and I fell in love immediately but for some weird reason I didn´t used until now... and I´m so glad I did!! it´s a gorgeous paper, full of color and shapes. I followed Clean&Simple sketch #101. The sentiment is computer generated, after I cut it and placed it to the front of the card I glued some clear glass seed beads on one end and I used a sticker "U" that I put on a piece of cardstock, cut it and attached it to the card with tiny pieces of foam tape. And to finish the front of my card, I pierced the top and bottom of the colored paper.
I colored the image with colored pencils and blended them with gamsol and baby oil. I tried to use two shades of aquamarine for her dress on alternate strips but it doesn´t look like that... I need to improve my coloring in that way. I cut the image and placed it to the card with foam tape.
I did the inside too, this one is special so I needed to do something extra. The sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs (found at Sentimental Sundays) and it fits perfectly with what I wanted to say. As a finishing touch I added rhinestones to the dots on the sentiment.
I´m officially on vacations, sooooo.... I hope I can play more!

3 comments:

Elizabeth P said...

Congrats on your anniversary Ileana!!! I´m so glad for you!
I love your card! it looks fresh and modern ;)

Catherine said...

What a sweet card Ileana ! I am sure your other half will love it ! Love the colours you have chosen and the sentiment is so lovely ! Happy anniversary Sweetie ! Smiles from Catherine

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, Ileana, this is so sweet. TFS.