You warm up my {heart}

I wanted to try a new technique to color the images: crayons and oil pastels (you can find an awesome tutorial here). So, my guinea pig was with this cute cup (Cuppa Tea from Meljen) but instead of tea I wanted it to have a soup, my favorite one: broccoli soup.
I loved this new technique!! but I messed up around the image, so I cut it out after I finished coloring it and layered with a scrap of red cardstock, and because I have to cut out the rest of the image (not my original idea though...) I tried to resemble the original image adding some doodling and stickers directly to the patterned paper. I placed the image to the card with foam tape for dimension.
The patterned paper is from Summer Driggs I cut and glued to the front of the card (cardstock from my stash). The sentiment is from Jaime that I faux stitched and added another heart sticker.
And this is how I ended up with a clean and simple card following Meljen Design Team Challenge blog challenge #19

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Ileana, this is gorgeous!!! So so pretty, what a cool technique, have to check it out! :)

Catherine said...

I love your card Ileana ! The paper looks fab and this cup of soup is too cute !!! Smiles from Catherine

Alberto said...

Hello Ilena!
This card is simple and adorable!!!!
The cup is sweet!

Hugs, Albert

Sprytebyrd said...

This card is perfect! Love the papers you've used!

Thanks so much for joining us in our CAS challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Kathy Czygan said...

Sweet card Illeana! I love your doodling on the card, and the Summer Driggs paper is beautiful. I'm going to check out the tutorial on the coloring technique. I like how it looks! Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Ileana
Great card, that technique looks fun! Your doodles turned out wonderful.
Hugs Marilyn

Lisa said...

Nicely colored! Thanks for playing with MelJens this week:)