Back to school!

That time of the year again!! Loved all my first days of school, even at college they were special to me, all the expectation, new pencils, new notebook pads, sometimes new friends, new teachers, new things to learn... I made this card for my daughter´s first day of school, I hope she likes it! I´m also preparing some other goodies for her to open after school, I´ll show them as I finish them.
I took a plain craft card and rounded the corners, then I followed Clean & Simple sketch #101 (I used it before here), after that I rummaged my stash of scraps and found those I used to make last year´s first day of school card too, but I still like them a lot so I decided to use them again. Paper and row of pencils are part of a blog train I followed last year (couldn´t find the files to give credit of them). And slowly the sketch turned into a pencil box (not my original idea at all!!). Took a strip of craft paper and cut with edge scissors, I added some rhinestones to glitter it up a bit and hand wrote back to school! with gel pen. To make the shadows around the box and pencils I used my dark brown make up that I rarely use on me because is too dark for my skin... love the effect here.
The image I used is Mary Margaret, teacher´s pet from Michelle Perkett (her Etsy shop here) that I colored with colored pencils (and only blend them on the skin parts with mineral oil), I cut Mary and place her on the card with foam tape, to finish it I added a rhinestone on her bow.
Pretty simple but I like the result, hope you like it too! I´m participating at:
Michelle Perkett Studio challenge #42: back to school
Little Red Wagon challenge #43: back to school theme

13 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute. TFS.

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is gorgeous Ileana! I love that you turned this into a pencil box...very clever :) Maria is sure to love this card. As always, your colouring is beautiful!!
Big hugs xx

Avril Tanner said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Pattie G said...

Oh Ileana, this is so cute! I always love your creations...
Have you seen my new DT Call. Check it out here:
http://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.com/

Hugs
Pattie

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi my friend, good to have you back!! Your pencil box is gorgeous, and your coloring amazing as always!! Thanks for joining us at MPS this week, always a pleasure to see your projects!
hugs Marilyn

Michelle said...

Oh, Ileana I love your Mary Margaret pencil box! I've missed your amazing creativity! Love the little touches and how you colored MM! Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at MPS this week, Ileana!!:)

Kerry said...

Ileana, what a gorgeous card!!!! Love, love, LOVE it! :)

Tammy said...

Oh Ileana this is darling! What a great idea...I love it! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks for joining us at MPS!
Hugs, Tammy

Fotf said...

Hi Ileana, this is a lovely card with the pencils incorporated, love your colouring, as always and now you've given me ideas that i should do something for Bretts first day at school too :)

Claire said...

Fab creation Ileana, I really love it!! I hope your little one enjoys her first day at school
Thanks for joining us at MPS and good luck!!
Claire xx

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh I love this card. I had to look so close to see if those pencils were real! And you colored MPS beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at MPS!
Hugs
Marion

Catherine said...

This is such a sweet card Ileana ! Your daughter will love it ! Smiles from Catherine

She's a Color Queen said...

This is adorable, loving those pencils! We are so glad to have you join us at MPS this week. Be sure to continue to play with us!