Tulips for you


Since I saw this image I had in mind using it with felt. This is a freebie from Patti Moore of Pholkart Blessings. She has wonderful images, and when I look at them they inspire me something more than a colored image.
I took the image and printed it out on white printer paper, cut each part separately, place them on the felt and cut the directly each piece three times. I stitched a button from my stash on the tulip flower with pink embroidery floss, and decorated the leaves with some simple stitches of green floss.
Then I took a page from an old book and turned it into a folded ribbon and I distressed it with chalks.
When everything was ready I assembled the card in no time, starting with a craft card as base I glued a scrap of paper for the background, with double sided tape I placed the flowers and leaves, glued the stems and took another bit of the double sided tape to place the "ribbon" onto the card. I finished it all with some raffia that I tied into a bow.
I love how it turned out!  I´m making more of these they could be a great for mothers day, spring, b-day... so many possibilities...

8 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love those tulips. TFS.

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Ileana
I gonna comment on all the cards in one post, and all I can say is wow, wow, wow! You have certainly out done yourself. Each card more beautiful than the other. I love the acetate card with the butterfly! The tulips look great cut in felt. It's too bad you missed the cut off for the envelope, cause it is beautiful. It looks like you are having a wonderful holiday. Take care.
hugs Marilyn

Dorcas said...

This is very cute and very creative. Great ideas, Ileana!

Kathy Czygan said...

What a cute card Ileana! You're so creative to think of using the felt and embroidery the way you did! I love how you turned the page from a book into such a cool ribbon accent!

Cat said...

WOW! What a beautiful card, Ileana! What a wonderful idea!

Elizabeth P said...

What a cute card Ileana!!! I love how you used the felt and the stitches on the leaves :)

Saskia said...

Thanks for taking part at my polka-dots candy! Good luck!

Saskia :)

H2 :) said...

What a fantastic way to use an image Ileana. Your tulip card is so pretty! TFS such great ideas. :)