Write a story...

and share it with your friends!
I altered this notebook for my daughter, she likes to write and I thought this would be a nice gift for her now that a new school year is approaching.
the image is Stella the summer story teller by Michelle Perkett (you can find it here). Coloring this too-cute image made me spend a wonderful time, I used almost all my coloring mediums: colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, chalks and eye shadow; some parts are blended with gamsol, some with mineral oil and others without blending. I matted the image with patterned papers and doodled a line around them like a frame, I was not careful at all while drawing them and I think they go good with the image.
the sentiment is hand written on the patterned paper with gel pen. The papers are from Summer Driggs, you can see her wonderful work here. I hand cut a scalloped border on the orange paper and I traced it with gel pen also. The faux stitching is a rub on I had for ages. And I finished the notebook with a flower made out of the DP (a left over flower from this project!). It´s a simple decoration but I didn´t want to add anything too bulky or something that could be easily broken, I want my daughter to use it and share her stories.
Hope you like it!
I´m playing at:
Pollycraft Monday Challenge #59: add a little nature
Cupcake Craft Challenge #106: let´s get digital
Digital Tuesday Challenge #74: make a gift set
Flutter by Wednesday Challenge #119: anything goes with a butterfly, fairy or angel

7 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful notebook for your DD. TFS.

H2 :) said...

Hi Ileana, your notebook is gorgeous!!! Your colouring with all those mediums is amazing. What a sweet gift for your daughter. I hope she fills it with wonderful stories for you to share. Hugs :)

Anneke said...

Love your notebook !!
Your daughter will be happy :)
Thanks for joining us at digital Tuesday :)
Hugs Anneke

Donna said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge with your wonderful notebook...we hope you enjoyed this weeks challenge :) Donna x

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Love this notebook!
What a great gift!!!
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
Hugs, Marit.

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous little gift for your daughter the image and your doodling are top notch thank you for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful. Love your coloring!