Wherever you go

go with all your heart...
A very simple card, the ones I love most! I started with acetate that I cut and folded into a card. I took a piece of handmade patterned paper (made out of paper napkins following this technique) and matted it to a scrap of brown cardstock before attaching it to the inside of the card.
I colored this gorgeous butterfly from Softpencil with colored pencils, cut around it, curled its wings a bit to add dimension and placed it on the front of the card. I cut a few flowers from the patterned paper and adhered them also to the front. To make the sentiment I cut two strips of paper from an old book (I liked the yellowish color of the pages) one with half of the sentiment for the outside and the other one with the rest of it for the inside.
Hope you like this one because I love it!
I´m participating at:
One Stitch at a Time Challenge blog: mystical
Digital Tuesdays Challenge blog: butterflies or lace
ColourQ: #45
Flutter By Wednesday´s challenge blog: open challenge
Crafty Creations challenge blog: winged things
Creative Cottage challenge blog: acetate

24 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, Ileana, this is beautiful. I love that paper and the butterfly is great. TFS.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a pretty floral background for your butterfly.

Liz said...

Wonderful card hun Thanks for joining OSAAT challenges

Liz x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

gorgeous hun I love how its all come together to make a gorgeous card
thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT this week
hugs shell xx

Elizabeth P said...

WOW Ileana! you made a stunning card! I LOVE it!!!!
I love acetate cards and yours is beautiful! I love how you colored and curled the butterfly, the flowers and the sentiment are gorgeous. Great work!!!

stitchy said...

lleana, what a beautiful card, I love the colors and backing paper and how you curled the butterfly wings to make it come to life..thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

stitchy xoxox

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous Ileana ! I love the paper and the sentiment is so sweet ! Smiles from Catherine

craftyb said...

what a gorgeous card...the colours are beautiful! Love the acetate! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

lindyloo said...

hello there what a creation I love the flower background thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hope to see you next time huggies lindyloo x

Unknown said...

Stunning, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Love crafts forever said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. You did amazing job. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Cat said...

WOW! I am so impressed with your gorgeous card! The handmade paper is beautiful!

Anneke said...

Wow this card is wonderful!
Love the paper!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at digital tuesday :)
Greetings Anneke

Danni said...

What a pretty butterfly!! Great card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Stephanie said...

Stunning card! The butterfly is beautiful. thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Tracy said...

this is beautiful love the gorgeous design. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

Choccy said...

Such a pretty card !! I love it !!

Thankyou for joining us at OSAAT this week, Good Luck !

Choccy x

Sylvia said...

Lovely card! What a pretty butterfly! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Donna said...

Stunning card and such a breety design, the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage :) Donna x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card with wonderful detail!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Hugs /Hanna

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is a true beauty those blossoms looks wonderful so does that butterfly the colours look so bright I love your work thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow a beautiful card, gorgeous design, very pretty image, fabulous butterfly, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Pattie G said...

Ileana, this is so pretty! I really love your butterfly.

Hugs
Pattie

Berry said...

Really lovely thanks for joining us at the creative cottage acetate challenge this fortnight hugs Rebekah xx