A thank you card

Yesterday late afternoon (on my time zone) Paulette from TlcCreations set a 24 hours challenge, and she offered a beautiful image we needed only to color to participate.
I printed it out right away and I thought leaving it to color the following morning, but it was so beautiful that I couldn´t help myself and I finished it yesterday night. Today I made a card with it
this is my first time making a vintage looking card, or as vintage as I could get up to know! and I love the result! really...
These are the image before and after
I colored it with colored pencils, cut in a round shape and layered it with a piece of the base cardstock, distressed the edges and added dots of glitter glue.
I used a digi paper leftover (I used it before here, and I still can´t remember who made it...) that I distressed with ink, a ruffled lace I had for at least 4 years (!!??!!) and a ribbon I bought this morning specially for this card because I didn´t have any to match.
The sentiment on the front is from Sueli Colbert Designs and I printed it out directly on the card
and I added two dots of glitter glue paint.
I made the inside too!
because Paulette has also a wonderful sentiment that goes perfect with this image.
I´m participating with this card at Digital Tuesdays Challenge blog where we have a technique challenge: distressing, at Cupcake Craft Challenges blog where we have to use two digis from two different designers, and at Sentimental Sundays Challenge blog where the challenge is to switch it up: new technique or new style.

8 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

Oh my gosh~! This is gorgeous~!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Paulette

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card Ileana ! I love the colours and the image is gorgeous ! I am a big fan of TLC myself and the sentiment you have put on your card is one of my favorites ! Smiles from Catherine

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love how you colored the dish of fruit. Your papers are great. TFS.

Kathy Czygan said...

This a beautiful Illeana! Your coloring as always is superb! You made this still life "come to life"! Love your layout and that digi paper is so unique! Gorgeous work!

Kruemel said...

WOW, can´t believe this is your first time making a vintage card! Love that image and how you combined it with the designer´s paper and lace.

Thanks for joining our Cupcake Craft Challenge!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, stunning card, your colouring is wonderful and great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Faye said...

I love all the dimension in your fruit bowl. What an amazing card, it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week! xx

Ann English said...

Such a gorgeous card-I LOVE it! And the sentiments are beautiful!

Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!