Baby boy card and dessert

A baby boy card made for a friend who is going to be dad for the first time in a couple of months. I didn´t decided yet what to give him along with the card, something for the new born baby... something for the new parents... I don´t know yet...
The image is from Dawn Moore, she has so many cute images in her blog, you should go and check them. I colored the giraffe with colored pencils and blended them with gamsol. The papers are digital papers from Jaime Choi that I printed out on cardstock. I stamped the word BEBE (baby in spanish) with rubber stamps from Image Tree with black ink. And finaly the ribbon and button are from my stash.

For us Christians today is Holy Thursday and here in Spain it´s a holiday, as it is tomorrow (Holy Friday), so today I had MIL to share lunch with us. Besides the main meal I prepared a simple and sweet dessert. I thought I could share it with you too:
I started with a puffy pastry I bought at the supermarket, I rolled it out a bit on a flowered surface to make it thinner and larger, and I baked it for about 10 min at 400 F until it was golden brown. Meanwhile I prepared a 4 serving vainilla pudding with half the amount of milk called for and put it in the fridge to cool. Once the pastry was cooled I placed it on a serving plate and cut some fresh strawberries, canned peaches and pineaple (drain all the liquid while baking the pastry). Then I took out of the fridge the vainilla pudding and mixed in 2 greek plain yogurts until smooth and creamy. I put the cream on top of the pastry and decorated it with the fruits. Voilá! back to the fridge until dessert time. Such a simple dessert with so many good compliments, hope you can try it and if you do let me know how it was for you!  It´s a nice dessert because you can change the fruits and the flavor of the pudding as you like and a very easy one to do as well.

4 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Ileana, that dessert looks amazing, going to definitely give it a try. I love your card for the new baby. Happy Easter, hope you have a great holiday.
Hugs Marilyn

Jaime Choi said...

Oh I LOVE your card! It is sooooo cute! thank you for sharing with me!

Dawn said...

Your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for linking me to it. I love to see my digi's in action! Awesome job!! Congrats to your friend :)

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! This giraffe is adorable. Great job.