Tags

Second post today!
Do you remember my Rosie luminary? if not, you can see it here. Well, the windows of the luminary were so beautiful to throw away I thought I could use them to make tags, and that´s exactly what I did!
For all of them I used Elizabeth´s images (Softpencil) that I colored with colored pencils, cut and place them on the tags. Papers are from Jaime.
For the first one I used this gorgeous butterfly
the center was a recycled part also (the cut out of the Lily card frame) that fit perfectly with the size of the tag. I cut a flower with the cricut machine, crumpled it, layered with a larger one and stitched a small button on the center of it. Pierced around all the tag, made a hole, tied a piece of ribon and made a bow with yute. I also made the antlers of the butterfly with two short pieces of yute.
For the second one I used another freebie Elizabeth so genereously gave
cut a piece of patterned paper that I layered with pink and pierced around, then I glued it to the card and place the cute girl as it is sitting on top. I cut four tiny butterflies with a paper puncher, glue them to the tag and made the trails with pearl paint. And also made a hole and finished the tag with ribon and a bow
On the third one I wanted to place this cute happy bear behind a pink grass
I made the grass by cutting very thin strips one next to the other without cutting completely the piece of paper, glued it to the tag and place a piece of ribon on the bottom. I made another crumpled flower but this time I put glass beads on the centers and added some more on the bottom of the tag. I tied the flower to the bear´s hand with a piece of yute. And finaly finished the tag by painting dots with pearl paint.
And on the fourth one I made three flowers with hearts upside down
 stitched the stems with brown embroidery floss, tied a piece of yute around the tag and placed on the bottom the three little chicks I saved from the girl image. I added another tiny butterfly on the top and painted its trail with pearl paint.
Elizabeth challenged us on her PCP group to make something with bows and ribons, and these tags were just the perfect excuse to follow the challenge. Later this week, she made a post on her blog linking us to another challenge: Fab ´n´ Funky Challenges were she is sponsoring this week challenge, the challenge is to use pink, chocolate and vainilla on our project. So I combined both in one project.

10 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh these are great. I love the images you used. TFS.

Kerry said...

OMGosh!!! This is AMAZING!!! Love them all!

Ginny said...

these are beautiful, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

andrea said...

gorgeous tags thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Elizabeth P said...

Outstanding tags Ileana!!! I love them all! what a cute way to recycle, I use to do the same ;)

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hi Ileana...these are soooo cute! Brown & pink look so lovely together :) I'm big on recycling...well done using up your leftover 'bits'!
Hugs
Lynne

Stef H said...

oh we'd be in trouble on a shopping spree! we'd be stopping for CAKE every chance we got! my kitchen is always neat too! but i don't mind ironing - which i rarely do anymore.

and thank you so much for these awards. you definitely made my heart smile.

Kathy Czygan said...

Ileana!!! I just love your designs and the coloring and placement of your embellys! These tags are awesome! Way to use the cutouts from your beautiful illuminary!

Cat said...

What gorgeous tags! How clever to recycle them! I just love Elizabeth's designs!

grandmalee said...

What a great way to actually use up those wonderful scrap pieces!!! These are absolutely gorgeous! The shape would even be great for a door hanger. TFS!