Loving birds

This cute image is from Meljen and I colored it with colored pencils. I stitched with gray embroidery floss the string that the birds strung, added some pearl paint to the dots and applied eye shadow to the borders of the image.
The papers I used are from Jaime, I love them! she has such a good sense of color combinations and I like all her work. I also stitched some gray pearls on the centers of the flowers of the green paper.
I made this card for a friend who is getting married this weekend, I hope the newlywed-to-be like it!

PS: I´m entering this card in Meljen´s Designs DT blog: challenge #1 (I though I was late!!!)

11 comments:

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! it would be a stunning wedding card!

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Oh I LOVE it. I especially love the stitches. :-) I'm glad you could get it entered in the challenge! Thanks for sharing. :-) (hugs)

Kimberly S said...

Such a pretty card, love the stitching you've added! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the 1st Meljen's Designs challenge! :)

merniebug said...

This made gorgeous wedding card. You did a lovely job. Thanks so much for playing in meljen's Design's challenge.

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is so sweet Ileana. I'm sure your friends will love it! Love the colours you chose :)
hugs
Lynne

Northern Girl Stamper said...

The layout and colors are just beautiful. Thank you for joining Meljen's first challenge. Good luck!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Wow! You colored them beautifully and the stitching is fantastic!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the added stitching. Thank you for joining us for Meljen's Designs first challenge. I hope you will join us again. Good luck!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, what a lovely card. I love this image. TFS.

Here's a little something from Abby. http://abbyscreations.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-first-award.html

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! What a wonderful idea to use this image on a wedding card! I love your stitching, the perfect detail!
Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!!
Dee (Spryte)

Nicole said...

Hey Ileana! So glad you joined our first challenge at MELJEN'S DESIGNS!! The next challenge will be posted today, hope to see you again later! Nicole