{DAD}

What a crazy week I had... actually I should had posted this one on Friday but suddenly we are on Sunday!
This is my inspirational creation for 2 Cute Rubber Stamps, it´s an envelope I decorated using this cute owl named Best of friends owl (and you can find it here!).
I colored the cutie with colored pencils and blended them with gamsol, cut carefully around it and placed it on the envelope with foam tape.
The layout is very simple: I cut a piece of patterned paper and rounded its corner, faux stitched it with a fine marker, added a scrap of paper I distressed with chalks and put two buttons tied with raffia.
To finish the envelope I cut a cloud (you can find it here) that I glittered and glued three pieces of red embroidery floss with different lengths on the back from one end. On the other end of the floss I glued three punched hearts where I spelled DAD with white gel pen, and to make it all shiny I painted the tiny hearts with decoupage glue.
I have a bunch of these envelopes and I love to decorate them, they can be used for so many things (letter, money, cards, small gifts, gift card... etc...) and they are available in several colors and sizes too!
Also I wanted to remind you we have a challenge running at 2 Cute until October the 31st, there is a cute free image to play with! hope you can join us, there is a great prize too!

My creation fits the following challenges:
Little red wagon Challenge #51: hearts
Meljen Challenge #30: anything goes
Other lovelies Challenge #0031: H day
Sundays with Crissy Challenge#10: buttons and bows
One stitch at a time Challenge #36: all celebrations

13 comments:

Paula said...

this is just stunning, I love it!!!
thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT this week
Paula xx

cheryl said...

now this is super cute,hun and really adore the layout too,so effective hugs cheryl xxx

Suzanne said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Love that owl image - so cute! Thanks for playing at Meljen's Design this week - you did fabulous!
Melissa

Dorcas said...

This is too cute, Ileana! I love it!
Re: outlining image with pencil. I guess the tricky part is finding a pencil in the right shade. Blues can sometimes be too bright. I find that even if I use prismas on the image, I use a Derwent watercolor pencil in "Spectrum blue" to outline. (that's if i'm using blue. ) It is lighter in color and harder in lead so not as much color gets put down. Even so, I go very lightly in circular motions so that my lead is barely touching the paper.

The exception is coloring on Kraft. I use bold strokes to give an outline on Kraft. You kind of HAVE to because the whole image is so bold and the paper so rough-toothed that if you go lightly it leaves blank areas where the color didn't grab the paper.

Am I making sense?

Let me know if that helps any.

Hugs, Dorcas

Catherine said...

Your card is so so cute Ileana ! Love the sweet image ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Morph Waffle said...

Oh my goodness, I love this card! so, so, great!

uksharon said...

Great fun card - love it.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Stef H said...

oh how cute is this!!! that image is adorable and i love your coloring & layout! fabulous!!

hugs :)

Deanna said...

Completely adorable!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW DT

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs Deb xx

Lynne Armstrong said...

How cute is this envelope!! Love it Ileana...all the little details are perfect :)
Hugs xx

Sally Cicada Designs said...

What a great way to jazz up an envelope!! :D This image is soooooo adorable the the way you have coloured it is lovely!! Great layout too!!!
Thanks for joining us a Sundays With Crissy!! Hope you'll join us again!!
Hugs,
Sarah :D