Tea time

Fairies in a jar having tea. They are so cute! love their faces...
I had lot of fun making this one and I wanted to show them to you. The jar I´m using here is a orange marmalade jar I saved for this purpose: to make another fairies in a jar.
I used an image I found on a free vintage images web site (don´t remember where...) that I printed it out on cardstock and embellished with rhinestones, glitter, metallic fabric paint and colored some parts with colored pencils. I added butterfly wings to turn the little girls into fairies.
On the inside you see how I standed the fairies and the bottle cup I turned into a clock. It´s also a free image found somewhere... I colored it with colored pencils, glued it to the inside of the cup, glittered its border and poured nail polish (the one with glitter in it) to give protection and glossy-glittery finish.
The lid is painted first with white acrylic paint, once it dried I painted again with pink acrylic paint not covering completely the white base. I cut some words from a magazine, glued them to the lid, added another clock image and glittered the border too.
I decorated with metallic paint the back of the jar, to hide the back of the paper (it´s a piece of patterned paper I painted with white paint very diluted). To finish the whole craft I added some fibers on the inside around the fairies.

I´s been a while since I shared a recipe, so here I´m sharing a wonderful dessert: Ricotta cheese cake
Ingredients:  3 eggs, 4 tbsp white sugar, 500 gr ricotta cheese (1 pound), 100 cc milk (1/2cup), 100 cc heavy cream (1/2cup), 1 tbsp baking powder, 2 tbsp corn starch, peel of 1 lemon.
Preparation: preheat the oven at 180°C (350F), butter and flour a cake pan of about 9in diameter. Beat the eggs with the sugar until is completely foamy and reserve. In another bowl mix all the ingredients and incorporate with slow motions the eggs mixture. Pour the batter into the pan and cook it 30-40 min until is golden brown on the top. Take out of the oven and let it cool before serving. I sprinkled it with powdered sugar and served it with chocolate syrup just because I didn´t have any berry syrup. You can have it with whipped cream too. Hope you try this one, you´ll love it!

With my fairies I´m playing at:
Cupcake Crafts Challenge #111: happy hour
Digital Tuesdays Challenge #79: ribbon, button or bling
Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #125: anything goes

7 comments:

Saskia said...

Oooh... beautiful jar... so sweet and so unique!!!!!!!

Saskia :)

Danni said...

Very creative! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous altered jar. The image is so sweet and I love your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Faye said...

Hi Ileana. What a fab and beautiful project. Those fairies are soooo cute. I love your take on our Happy Hour theme! Thanks for playing at Cupcake. x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is awesome a beautiful project those little girls look so gorgeous thank you for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kerry said...

Oh Ileana, gorgeous project and what a very yummy cake. I have to give it a try! have a fabulous weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your jar is absolutely beautiful