A frame for my little lady...

This is an iPod box I´ve been saving for 5 years now... the first day I saw it I knew I was going to turn it into a frame to put a picture of my little lady.
Here you can see the almost beginning of it all, I realized I didn´t took a picture of it to show you the before stage, so I took a picture of it´s back before gluing both part together.
I used Sleep ladybug and Butterfly from 2 Cute Rubber Stamps that I printed out on paper with some tooth on it so I could have some texture on the coloring with my colored pencils. Aren´t they cute??!! I added black glitter on the mama and baby ladybug´s spots and some glitter nail polish on the butterfly wings to give them sparkle.
With edge scissors I cut a piece a bit larger than the opening where the picture will be placed to stand it out and distressed the edges with chalks. I took a piece of green fabric and ruffled it to use it as grass (hope it looks like grass!) and finished the front part of the box with yellow paper string tied in a bow.
I decorated also the back of the box following the decoration of the front using the same edge scissors and distressing the borders. I printed the sentiment (from Kathie Winters) on a scrap of patterned paper (from Ginger) and added a dollar store flower decorated with a button a piece of the same yellow paper string. To attach both front and back together I used another flower, button and paper string and glued it to the top (as you can see on the picture below).
 I love to recycle, it gives me a great feeling after I finish something... and besides you have half of the work done! Now I need to decide which picture of my little lady I´m going to frame!

My project fits the following challenges:
Digital Tuesdays challenge #82: include a non-craft item
My grafico challenge #72: add some sparkle
Meljen challenge #31: use 2 digis
Totally papercrafts challenge #40: bling it on
Creative inspiration challenge #46: glitter, glamour, girlie
Stamp, scrap and doodle: buttons

12 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, your frame is gorgeous. The image is so cute and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for you ipod box. I absolutely love your project. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs!

Dorcas said...

THis is too cute, Ileana! And great use of the glitter. Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative Inspirations. :-)

Cor* said...

This is jaw dropping amazing! I too save things FOREVA!!! Hubby hates tha about me, but still loves me nonetheless! Your creation is stunning and inspirational for sure. Thanks so much for getting glittery & girly with some glamour too, at Creative Inspirations this time round. Hope to see you next challenge!! Good luck.

Anneke said...

What a amazing project!
Thanks for playing along with us at digital tuesday :)
Hugs Anneke

Kerry said...

This is so so cute!!! Absolutely darling Ileana!

Trinh said...

So creative & beautifully done! Thanks for joining a MyGrafico challenge!

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

How creative recycling the iPod box.
Awesome idea Ileana, I love it and it is SO cute!

My Inkie Fingers said...

Ileana!! This is AWESOME!!! I love it! You are a buzy little bee this week entering TWICE *grin*

Thanks for playing AGAIN in the MG Challenge.

Cheers!

Tazza said...

Love your Recycled box! looks so fab... Thanks for joining us again at Mygrafico Challenges! Loving your projects!

Mel X said...

What a totally fabulous creation. Love all the sparkle.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.

Mel X

Linda said...

Wow great project!
Sorry about Mr. Linky that was my fault. Thanks for joining us with your wonderful project at SSDS.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com