A thank you fairy

I have to send a thank you card, I thought this fairy would make a pretty one. And I´m so pleased with the result, hope the person I´m sending it likes it too!
The image is from Karen Kindrich, a beautiful fairy I colored with colored pencils, matted it with a piece of cardstock from my stash and placed it on the card with foam tape.
The ribbon is from a strip of fabric that I pulled two threads from the center and it ruffled very nicely, I attached it with double sided tape.
I made a patterned paper out of one flower that I colored it digitally in orange to match the flowers on the main image (the bottom patterned paper is a scrap of tissue patterned paper). I stitched glass seed beads all around the paper with white embroidery floss (since I don´t have that shade of orange... something I have to fix immediately!). I took a scrap of embossed vellum paper, wrote the sentiment and added a few stitches with green floss (from the fabric I used on the ribbon).
And because it´s too pretty it deserves a front view too!

I´m playing with this card at:
ColourQ Challenge #54
Clean & Simple sketch #112
Digital Tuesdays Challenge #80: sew special
Pollycrafts Challenge #65: a fairytale

8 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow totally adore this that image is just gorgoues and your coloring is brilliant hugs cheryl x

Dorcas said...

Hi Illeana! I'm not sure why you asked for my critique though I'm flattered. ;-) You do awesome work and this card is a case in point! I LOOOOOOOVE your coloring here. Its totally fab. Her dress is just so gorgeous and perfectly shaded.I love a picture that 'comes alive" and yours does that. Terrific!

Sylvia said...

What a beautifully colored card, Ileana. Ruffled ribbon is a great touch. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Christina said...

Really beautiful coloring of this sweet image! The seed beads are such a fun and unique touch. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Ellibelle said...

OMG this is beautiful! A gorgeous image and it's beautifully colored.
Thanks so much for playing along at digital tuesday!!

Elizabeth P said...

Wow Ileana! I love your card!!! the image is gorgeous and your coloring is great! I love the details you added too ;)

grandmalee said...

This card is soooo stunning! I love all of your usual special touches, but the colors and coloring really sets it apart! Fantabulous!!!!

Sandy Ang said...

Simply angelic - fab stamping and colouring !